Dryer Fire News

This device should only be installed by a trained professional. Let us help find an installer near you.
Zip Code

Each day, there are numerous news items about dryer fires. Here, we are stressing the importance of having a safe home by linking to some of the articles.

Dryer fire causes $10000 in damage at DeKalb apartment

DeKalb Daily Chronicle
November 14, 2018
 

No one was injured as a result of a dryer fire that caused approximately $10,000 woth a damage at a DeKalb apartment on Friday. According to ...

Read more...

Fire reportedly started in dryer at Fort Myers apartment complex ...

The News-Press
November 14, 2018
 

A small dog died Tuesday in a fire at a Fort Myers apartment complex. Authorities said the fire began in a dryer in a first floor apartment shortly ...

Read more...

Monrovia house fire ruled accidental, likely began in dryer

Frederick News Post
November 09, 2018
 

Fire officials believe a fire that left one man injured and displaced a family ... on Wednesday started accidentally, likely in a dryer in the house.

Read more...

Dryer fire displaces two families in East Syracuse

CNYcentral.com
November 09, 2018
 

They located a dryer fire that had minor extension into the ceiling. The crew extinguished the fire and performed minor overhaul to make sure ...

Read more...

Apparent Dryer Fire Damages Brewster Home

Cape Cod Today
November 08, 2018
 

While responding units received information reporting a fire in a dryer with extension to the basement of the dwelling. Due to the proximity of the ...

Read more...

2-Alarm House Fire In Kings Park Starts In Dryer

Patch.com
November 08, 2018
 

SPRINGFIELD, VA—Fairfax County Fire and Rescue say the two-alarm house fire in the Kings Park area Tuesday morning originated in a dryer ...

Read more...

Dryer fire at Lompoc homeless shelter quickly extinguished

Lompoc Record
November 08, 2018
 

The fire was contained to the dryer, according to county Fire Capt. Dave Zaniboni. The cause of the fire was determined to be a clogged dryer ...

Read more...

Family warn of dangers leaving clothes in tumble dryer after house ...

Newark Advertiser
November 08, 2018
 

A family are warning of the dangers of leaving clothes in a tumble dryer after their house caught fire and left them homeless. Donna Broadley, of ...

Read more...

Blockage in dryer vent likely caused Manchester apartment building ...

The Union Leader
October 30, 2018
 

The fire apparently started in a commercial stacked dryer, which firefighters removed after extinguishing the flames in the building's laundry ...

Read more...

Laundry in dryer catches fire

My Citizens News
October 30, 2018
 

Weaver said the fire started in one of the dryers. He said someone put items, including pillows, into the dryer that were supposed to be dried on ...

Read more...

Dryer fire forces evacuation at Silver Street condos

Manchester Ink Link (press release) (blog)
October 30, 2018
 

Firefighters discovered a fire in a commercial stacked dryer, which activated the sprinkler system. Firefighters finished extinguishing the fire and ...

Read more...

Dryer fire causes damage to Dennis home

Cape Cod Times
October 30, 2018
 

SOUTH DENNIS — No one was injured in fire that started in a clothing dryer and spread to the walls of a South Dennis home Monday morning, ...

Read more...

Firefighters respond to dryer fire at Crothall Laundry

Republican Eagle
October 30, 2018
 

A fire in a dryer at Crothall Laundry Services brought out a full complement of Red Wing Fire Department engines and ambulances Friday after ...

Read more...

Police & Fire: Fatal crash, house fire

Battle Creek Enquirer
October 26, 2018
 

Battle Creek firefighters were called at 6:21 p.m. and said the fire began in a clothes dryer at the rear of the house. A woman who had a ...

Read more...

Dryer fire fills jail laundry and kitchen with smoke

Leader Publications
October 25, 2018
 

He said firefighters removed the material that was burning in the dryer and finished putting out the fire with a water extinguisher.

Read more...

Dryer blamed for Battle Creek fire; 1 rescued

WOODTV.com
October 25, 2018
 

Crews quickly squelched the fire with water, clearing the scene after about an hour. Investigators say the clothes dryer in a laundry room at the ...

Read more...

Dryer Catches Fire At Amityville Laundromat

Patch.com
October 25, 2018
 

AMITYVILLE, NY - A fire broke out at an Amityville laundromat on Tuesday night, according to the Amityville Fire Department. On Tuesday ...

Read more...

Woman, three children escape harm in fire

Rome Sentinel
October 24, 2018
 

A woman and three children escaped uninjured after a dryer fire on West Bloomfield Street Monday afternoon. Deputy Fire Chief David L.

Read more...

Dryer fire displaces resident at West Carrollton apartment building

WHIO
October 24, 2018
 

WEST CARROLLTON — UPDATE @ 3:50 a.m: One resident was displaced after a dryer fire occurred at their West Carrollton apartment ...

Read more...

Dryer fire causes $90000 damage to Aurora home

Chicago Tribune
October 22, 2018
 

Residents were home when the fire started and noticed smoke in the basement coming from the laundry room, according to the release.

Read more...

Dryer fire extinguished

South Whidbey Record
October 22, 2018
 

A swift response by South Whidbey firefighters saved a structure after a dryer caught fire Monday afternoon. South Whidbey Fire/EMS ...

Read more...

Dryer Catches Fire At Amityville Laundromat

Patch.com
October 22, 2018
 

1st due engine 1-1-4 stretched a line and advanced into the store to find fire inside of a dryer which was extending up the wall. Ladder 1-1-5 ...

Read more...

Woman injured fighting dryer fire

The Ithaca Voice
October 22, 2018
 

ITHACA, N.Y. — A woman was injured after a dryer caught fire Thursday night in a house on Cliff Street in Ithaca. Firefighters from the Ithaca ...

Read more...

Dryer led to fire call at MHS, MFD says

Marshall Independent
October 22, 2018
 

MARSHALL — The Marshall Fire Department has so far responded to three different building fire calls in as many days. However, the call ...

Read more...

Fire in dryer causes $50000 in damages to Waukesha home

WDJT
October 22, 2018
 

The City of Waukesha Fire Department was called to a home in the 1000 block of Guthrie Road around 7:14 a.m. Monday for a report of a fire.

Read more...

Dryer fire forces person out of West Carrollton apartment

WDTN.com
October 22, 2018
 

Crews responded to reports of a dryer fire at an apartment on Gawain Circle ... The Red Cross is assisting the person displaced by the fire.

Read more...

Dryer catches fire inside of Apache Junction home

Apache Junction Independent
September 20, 2018
 

Firefighters from the Superstition Fire and Medical District and the Mesa Fire and Medical Department extinguished a house fire Sept. 16 in the ...

Read more...

Dryer catches fire in Chesapeake business

WAVY-TV
September 20, 2018
 

The incident was upgraded to a working fire. Fire crews arrived on scene a short time later and found a dryer on fire. The fire was brought under ...

Read more...

Roughly $10000 in damage after dryer causes house fire on ...

Gainesville Times
September 20, 2018
 

Gainesville Fire authorities said they believe the dryer was the source of electrical issues that started a house fire Thursday, Aug. 30, on ...

Read more...

Dryer sparks Sparta house fire

New Jersey Herald
September 12, 2018
 

SPARTA — An early-morning fire on Heritage Drive started by a dryer damaged a township home. The fire, which was reported shortly after 7 ...

Read more...

Officials: Chesapeake business damaged by dryer fire

13newsnow.com WVEC
September 12, 2018
 

The fire was under control around 4:45 a.m. with the fire mostly contained to the dryer, and smoke damage throughout the building.

Read more...

Fire at Brattleboro shelter displaces residents

vtdigger.org
September 12, 2018
 

Groundworks Collaborative shelter business manager Jon Hoover stands in front of the home which was damaged by a dryer fire on Monday.

Read more...

Dryer causes home fire in Loomis

NTV
September 12, 2018
 

KVFD said they determined a clothes dryer had caught fire due to a possible mechanical issues and removed the burned appliance and ...

Read more...

Dryer fire displaces Napa family

Napa Valley Register
September 12, 2018
 

A family was displaced when a dryer caught fire in a home closet on the 200 block of Walnut Street Monday night, the Napa Fire Department ...

Read more...

Multiple families displaced after dryer catches fire inside Trotwood ...

MyDaytonDailyNews
September 12, 2018
 

UPDATE @ 4:45 a.m: Multiple families were displaced after a dryer caught fire inside an apartment building on Belle Meadows Drive early ...

Read more...

<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 >>

Archives